Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Consequences of playing with an iPod

It was yesterday, Tuesday evening, that I decided to go and see the musical "Les Miserables". I do love musicals myself and I have seen quite a few so far, but I have to say this one really exceeded my expectations. If you ever have the chance to see it, do not miss it! Costumes, voices and performances... it was just amazing :)

Once the play was over, I decided to take the bus back home. I choose the bus for three reasons: I love sitting upstairs because I can enjoy a great view of London, they run 24 hours and I avoid "engineering work" in the subway (or "tube", as they call it here), which happens very often and many station are closed (then you have to go all around London to get to your destination).

The thing is that I got a new iPod a week ago and I am quite "addicted" to it. I got on the bus and I started playing with it, you know, creating new playlists and checking more features that I did not know yet... I lost track of time and when I came down to real world and I raised my head I had no idea where the hell I was :) I do not even know where the bus goes after my stop (well, NOW I know), so I thought... "ok, I stop here and I just get the bus in the other direction". And that's exactly what I did :)

It took me three seconds, after getting off the bus, to realize I wasn't in the correct neighborhood... Why?
1. There were many... let's say "weird" groups all along the street, standing out in corners and whispering.
2. I was definitely wearing the wrong clothes: my coat was my actual size and I had nothing hanging on my neck that covered my whole chest. I do not quite understand why people wear coats that are two sizes larger AND, even if it is snowing, they do not zip it up... I mean, this is winter in London and it is freezing cold... haven't they heard about flus or colds?
3. There were police cars all around, many of them with the sirens on.
4. There was this guy at the bus stop who kept asking me... "do you want me?"

See? It wasn't easy to get out of there (did I mention two groups started fighting each other?) and all I could think about while telling the guy I was completely sure I did not want him was: "Ylenia, thank God you were smart enough to put your iPod in your pocket before getting off the bus, otherwise you would be in trouble".

My advise: do not play with your iPod in places not likely to do so... like the bus! :)

P.D: It took me a while to arrive home, but I made it! And all in one single piece!!!
P.D2: By the way... I checked the itinerary of the bus, just to make sure I do not end up in the same place once again ;)

2 Comments:

At 8:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joder Ylenia eres la caña, metiéndote en los barrios bajos de Londres a ver si te nos conviertes en una raperilla Por cierto en Amsterdam guio yo ¿vale? jeje.

Nos vemos en breve 1 beso

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger nialey said...

Jorgito! No sabía que entrabas al blog :) Ya sabes que a mí me gusta esto de la tensión y de los macarrillas, me crié en lo mejorcito de la isla :P
Un mes y nos vemos!
Besitos

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home